Do you rent or lease a property? Whether you are the landlord or the tenant, it can be difficult to negotiate your way easily through all the relevant legislation to ensure that your rights are protected. Babingtons can help with:

  • Landlord & Tenant Issues
  • Neighbour Disputes
  • Business Tenancies

We act on behalf of a number of registered housing associations, providing advice in relation to social housing issues. We regularly represent these clients in the County Court in ejectment proceedings grounded upon rent arrears and anti-social behaviour. In addition we advise and represent both landlords and tenants in the private sector in relation to residential tenancies and business tenancies. This includes the preparation of tenancy agreements, compliance with the Private Tenancies (NI) Order 2006, service of a Notice to Quit and required notice periods, the Landlord Registration Scheme, Houses in Multiple Occupation and the requirements of the Business Tenancies (NI) Order 1996.

For further information or advice, contact our experts as follows:

Derry~Londonderry office: Killian Conwell at 028 7131 0600 or email  

Strabane Office:  Call Esme Hamilton at 028 7188 2262 or email 

Republic of Ireland property: Call Natasha McDermott at 028 7131 0600 or email: